|
Sunday, May 31, 2009
The Vagabond
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am back, for myself!
The past year has been a time I strictly spent with myself. I say this in a digital sense, not in the analog. I quit all social media around...
-
I don't know if all of my readers are happy with the results of the recent Loksabha polls but I am! Apart from the fact that this win ha...
-
I am a week away from going to India for a holiday. :) This is somehow making me more and more nostalgic. I have always been really proud of...
-
Divisive politics at its best in Maharashtra. Politicians in India are very fortunate because when they can't get religion to work, they...
2 comments:
I used to love this poem! It has a nice rapid trot like rhythm. Somehow, I am reminded vividly of the vagabound-ish wanderings of David Balfour in the first half of Stevenson's Kidnapped. And on rereading it, I also remembered the haunting lyrics of White as Snow by Bono. http://video.libero.it/app/play?id=73b38149d745a8783a81c4fa3aff2929
@ Nikhil
I "sang" (literally) this poem at a poetry festival some 13 years ago. (Gosh makes me feel so old)..
And I guess I really did not get the "spirit" behind it. But it is good to learn something by heart at a very young age.:)
Everytime I say it to myself I admire the beauty of the thought.
Same as with the Shantimantra of the KaThopanishad. It surprises me everytime I recite it!
Thanks for the comment.
Cheers!
Post a Comment