Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Silly Mistakes

How does something that is perfectly plausible in your head end up being so outrageously stupid in reality?
Today I put an overhead stirrer in a carefully acidified solution to collect the precipitate and forgot to check the rpm knob before I started it! I have little holes in my lab coat now and I have to do it all over again. Obviously considering the chain of events, it should not even be stated that it took me two days to make that solution!
I wish I remembered it more often how forgetful I am. In order to minimize my trauma, I have almost reduced myself to a no-woman. I do not have a big hand bag that contains about half the universe in it. I do not wear make-up lest I forget to wear it one day and scare the wits out of my friends. I am even willing to give up my cell phone so that I do not regret forgetting it somewhere!
The good thing about being forgetful is that you forget that you forget and then you don't nag yourself about being forgetful. :)

3 comments:

Dk said...

Hi Saee,

Good thing about being forgetful is that you forget that you forget and then you don't nag yourself about being forgetful>>> hehe reading your Marathi blog.
Why don't u make the list of things which u tend to forget & then keep in mind that u have made the list! (Actually I tried it but unfortunately forgot where I kept that list :( :()

Saee said...

@ Deep
LOL. Yeah I think I have tried enough things. The only thing that works is not getting angry when you forget. =)
Thanks for the comment
Cheers
Saee

Abhijit Bhave said...

Like they say....
Happiness is nothing but lots of money and poor memory..

:-)