Sunday, July 15, 2007

Vincent-Don McLean

I have been trying to get over this song for the last few hours, but I think I should just give up!!

Starry, starry night.
Paint your palette blue and grey,
Look out on a summer's day,
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.
Shadows on the hills,Sketch the trees and the daffodils,
Catch the breeze and the winter chills,
In colors on the snowy linen land.

Starry, starry night.
Portraits hung in empty halls,
Frameless heads on nameless walls,
With eyes that watch the world and can't forget.
Like the strangers that you've met,
The ragged men in the ragged clothes,
The silver thorn of bloody rose,
Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5-kMXwkmPk

4 comments:

Zaphod Boozlebrox said...

Did you, on purpose, quote only an excerpt of the song?

For the benefit of the reader, why not also post a link to the entire lyrics? :)
http://www.lyrics007.com/Don%20McLean%20Lyrics/Vincent%20Lyrics.html

Saee said...

yeah
I included only the parts that I really liked! :)
Thanks for the rest. :)

Alien said...

Nice song.. I think I had liked the tune earlier... never paid attention to the lyrics that time...

Thanks..

Mellowdrama said...

Hey!! Now we have something else in common! I LOVE don mc.lean..I have an album (tape) that has Vincent, Winter Wonderland, Building my Body...etc. His lyrics kick ass!!!! There is this one song abt how insensitive folk are to primetime television, eating chicken ribs and watching something gory..forgot the title.

Say are you a Russian book fan? I hav deputed a friend of mine in Russia to dig out Victor etc and he says all the USSR books plus folktales have disappeared!!!Ratz